Mutual Agreement Procedure
(1) Where a person considers that the actions of one or both of the Contracting States result or will result for him in taxation not in accordance with the provisions of this Agreement, he may, irrespective of the remedies provided by the domestic law of those States, present his case to the competent authority of the Contracting State of which he is a resident or, if his case comes under paragraph (1) of Article 24, to that of the Contracting State of which he is a national. The case must be presented within three years from the first notification of the action resulting in taxation not in accordance with the provisions of the Agreement.
(2) The competent authority shall endeavour, if the objection appears to it to be justified and if it is not itself able to arrive at a satisfactory solution, to resolve the case by mutual agreement with the competent authority of the other Contracting State, with a view to the avoidance of taxation which is not in accordance with the Agreement, provided that the competent authority of the other Contracting State is notified of the case within three years from the due date or the date of filing of the return in that other State, whichever is later. In such case, any agreement reached shall be implemented within ten years from the due date or the date of filing of the return in that other State, whichever is later, or a longer period if permitted by the domestic law of that other State.
(3) The competent authorities of the Contracting States shall endeavour to resolve by mutual agreement any difficulties or doubts arising as to the interpretation or application of the Agreement. They may also consult together for the elimination of double taxation in cases not provided for in the Agreement.
(4) The competent authorities of the Contracting States may communicate with each other directly for the purpose of reaching an agreement in the sense of the preceding paragraphs.
(5) Notwithstanding any other treaties of which the Contracting States are or may become parties, any dispute over a measure taken by a Contracting State involving a tax covered by Article 2 or, in the case of non-discrimination, any taxation measure taken by a Contracting State, including a dispute whether this Agreement applies, shall be settled only under the Agreement, unless the competent authorities of the Contracting States agree otherwise.