Delay in filing or failure to file tax return attracts a penalty of USD 22 to USD 150.
A late tax payment penalty is due at the rate of 0.045% per day generally and 0.06% if the tax payment delay is determined by a tax audit (prior to 2019, the penalty was due at the uniform rate of 0.55%).
Companies operating without registering with the tax authorities are subject to a penalty of up to 50% of net revenue for the relevant period.
Uzbekistan published a decree which provides that penalty will not be imposed effective from 1 January 2022 in the following cases:
- Non-submission of the tax returns by companies within the established time frame; and
- Offenses revealed during the desk tax audit conducted by the tax authorities.
Effective 15 September 2021, tax authorities may not enforce the collection of tax arrears as of 31 December 2020 and may not impose penalties incurred for:
- Property tax and land tax levied on legal entities operating in the field of tourism, transport, and public catering;
- Property tax and land tax accrued and not paid by legal entities in 2020 due to temporary difficulties in performing the business activities; and
- Taxes, penalties, and accrued fines that are in arrears for micro and small enterprises as of 15 May 2020.
The provisions apply for the period until 1 January 2022.