(1) The profits of an enterprise of a Contracting State shall be taxable only in that State, unless the enterprise carries on business in the other Contracting State through a permanent establishment situated therein. If the enterprise carries on business as aforesaid, the profits of the enterprise may be taxed in the other Contracting State but only so much of them as are attributable to that permanent establishment.
(2) Subject to the provisions of paragraph (3), where an enterprise of a Contracting State carries on its business in the other Contracting State through a permanent establishment situated therein, then in each Contracting State there shall be attributed to such permanent establishment profits that might have been earned if it had been a distinct and separate enterprise engaged in the same or similar activities under the same or similar conditions and dealing wholly and independently with the enterprise of which it is a permanent establishment.
(3) In determining the profits of a permanent establishment, there shall be allowed as deductions, expenses which are incurred for the purposes of the permanent establishment, including executive and general administrative expenses so incurred, whether in the State in which the permanent establishment is situated or elsewhere.
(4) No profits shall be attributed to a permanent establishment if that permanent establishment merely purchases goods or merchandise for the enterprise.
(5) Insofar as it has been customary in a Contracting State to determine the profits to be attributed to a permanent establishment on the basis of an apportionment of the total profits of the enterprise to its various parts, the provisions of paragraph (2) of this Article shall not preclude the Contracting State from determining the profits to be taxed by such a customary apportionment. However, the method of apportionment adopted shall be such that the result obtained is in accordance with the principles contained in this Article.
(6) For the purposes of the preceding paragraphs, profits attributable to a permanent establishment shall be determined every year by the same method unless there is a good and sufficient reason to proceed otherwise.
(7) Where profits include items of income that are dealt with separately in other Articles of this Convention, the provisions of those Articles shall not be affected by the provisions of this Article.