Dependent Personal Services
(1) Subject to the provisions of Articles 16, 18 and 19, salaries, wages and other similar remuneration derived by a resident of a Contracting State in respect of an employment shall be taxable only in that State unless the employment is exercised in the other Contracting State. If the employment is exercised in the other Contracting State, such remuneration may be taxed in that other State.
(2) Notwithstanding the provisions of paragraph (1), remuneration derived by a resident of a Contracting State in respect of an employment exercised in the other Contracting State shall be taxable only in the first-mentioned State if all the following conditions are fulfilled:
- (a) the recipient is present in the other State for a period or periods not exceeding in the aggregate 183 days in any 12 month period;
- (b) the remuneration is paid by, or on behalf of, an employer who is not a resident of the other State;
- (c) the remuneration is not borne by a permanent establishment or a fixed base which the employer has in the other State.
(3) Notwithstanding the preceding provisions of this Article, remuneration derived in respect of an employment exercised aboard a ship, boat, aircraft or a road vehicle operated in international traffic by a resident of a Contracting State may be taxed in that State.