(1) The taxes which are the subject of this Agreement are:
- (a) in the Netherlands Antilles:
- (i) the income tax (de inkomstenbelasting);
- (ii) the wages tax (de loonbelasting);
- (iii) the profit tax (de winstbelasting);
- (iv) the surtaxes on the income and profit tax (de opcenten op de inkomsten-en winstbelasting);
- (v) the tax on turnover of businesses (de belasting op bedrijfs-omzetten);
- (b) in Mexico:
- (i) the income tax (el impuesto sobre la renta);
- (ii) the business flat rate tax (el impuesto empresarial a tasa única);
- (iii) the value added tax (el impuesto al valor agregado).
(2) This Agreement shall also apply to any identical or substantially similar taxes imposed after the date of signature of this Agreement in addition to, or in place of, the existing taxes. The competent authorities of the Contracting Parties shall notify each other of any substantial changes to the taxation and related information gathering measures covered by this Agreement.
(3) This Agreement shall not apply to taxes imposed by any states, municipalities, or other political subdivisions of a Contracting Party.