(1) The taxes which are the subject of this Agreement are:
- (a) in the Netherlands Antilles:
- (i) the income tax (inkomstenbelasting);
- (ii) the wages tax (loonbelasting);
- (iii) the profit tax (winstbelasting);
- (iv) the surtaxes on the income and profit tax (opcenten op de inkomsten- en winstbelasting);
- (b) in Iceland:
- (i) the income taxes to the State (tekjuskattar ríkissjóðs); and
- (ii) the income tax to the municipalities (útsvar til sveitarfélaganna).
(2) This Agreement shall also apply to any identical taxes imposed after the date of signature of this Agreement in addition to or in place of the existing taxes. This Agreement shall also apply to any substantially similar taxes imposed after the date of signature of this Agreement in addition to, or in place of, the existing taxes if the competent authorities of the Contracting Parties so agree. Furthermore, the taxes covered may be expanded or modified by mutual agreement of the Contracting Parties in the form of an exchange of letters. The competent authorities of the Contracting Parties shall notify each other of any substantial changes to the taxation and related information gathering measures covered by this Agreement.