(1) The existing taxes which are the subject of this Agreement are:
- (a) in Australia:
- (i) the Australian income tax;
- (b) in the Netherlands Antilles:
- (i) the income tax (inkomstenbelasting);
- (ii) the wages tax (loonbelasting);
- (iii) the profit tax (winstbelasting); and
- (iv) the surtaxes on the income and profit taxes.
(2) This Agreement shall also apply to any identical or substantially similar taxes imposed after the date of signature of this Agreement in addition to, or in place of, the existing taxes. This Agreement shall also apply to such other taxes as may be agreed in an exchange of letters between the Contracting Parties. The competent authorities of the Contracting Parties shall notify each other of any substantial changes to the taxation and related information gathering measures covered by this Agreement.
(3) This Agreement shall not apply to taxes imposed by states, municipalities, or other political subdivisions, or possessions of a Contracting Party.