(1) The profits of an enterprise of a Contracting State shall be taxable only in that State, unless the enterprise carries on business in the other Contracting State through a permanent establishment situated therein. If the enterprise carries on business as aforesaid, the profits of the enterprise may be taxed in the other State, but only so much of them as are attributable to that permanent establishment.
(2) Subject to the provisions of paragraph (3) of this Article, where an enterprise of a Contracting State carries on business in the other Contracting State through a permanent establishment situated therein, then in each Contracting State there shall attribute to such permanent establishment, profits that same might have been earned if it had been a distinct and separate enterprise engaged in the same or similar activities, under the same or similar conditions, and dealing wholly and independently with the enterprise of which it is a permanent establishment.
(3) In determining the profits of a permanent establishment, there shall be allowed as deductions any expenses which are incurred for the business purposes of the permanent establishment, including executive and general administrative expenses so incurred, whether incurred in one or the other Contracting State.
(4) Insofar as it has been customary in a Contracting State to determine the profits to be attributed to a permanent establishment on the basis of an apportionment of the total profits of the enterprise to its various parts, the provisions of paragraph (2) of this Article shall not preclude that Contracting State from determining the profits to be taxed by such customary apportionment as may be customary. However, the method of apportionment adopted shall be such that the result obtained is in compliance with the principles contained in this Article.
(5) No profits shall be attributed to a permanent establishment merely because the permanent establishment purchases property or merchandise on behalf of the enterprise.
(6) For the purposes of the preceding paragraphs, the profits attributed to a permanent establishment shall be determined every year by the same method, unless there is a good and sufficient reason to proceed otherwise.
(7) Where profits include items of income that are dealt with separately in the other Articles of this Convention, the provisions of those Articles shall not be affected by the provisions of this Article.