(1) The profits of an enterprise of a Contracting State shall be taxable only in that State, unless the enterprise carries on business in the other Contracting State through a permanent establishment situated therein. If the enterprise carries on business as aforesaid, then the profits of the enterprise may be taxed in the other State, but only so much of them as are attributable to that permanent establishment.
(2) Subject to the provisions of paragraph (3), where an enterprise of a Contracting State carries on its business in the other Contracting State through a permanent establishment situated therein, then in each Contracting State there shall be attributed to such permanent establishment, profits that might have been earned if it had been a distinct and separate enterprise engaged in the same or similar activities under the same or similar conditions and dealing wholly and independently with the enterprise of which it is a permanent establishment.
(3) In determining the profits of a permanent establishment, there shall be allowed as deductions, any expenses which are incurred for the purposes of the permanent establishment, including executive and general administrative expenses, whether incurred in the State in which the permanent establishment is situated or elsewhere. However, the general expenses of the place of effective management shall be attributed to the profits of different permanent establishments in proportion to the turnover accrued by each one of them.
Where due to the apportionment of the general expenses of the place of effective management, under the preceding conditions, the share or profit is affected, then the competent authorities of the Contracting States shall, after taking into consideration the provisions of Article 25 of this Convention, make necessary adjustments for determining the profits of the permanent establishment.
(4) No profits shall be attributed to a permanent establishment if that permanent establishment merely purchases goods or merchandise for the enterprise.
(5) For the purposes of the preceding paragraphs, profits attributable to a permanent establishment shall be determined every year by the same method, unless there is a good and sufficient reason to proceed otherwise.
(6) Where profits include items of income that are dealt with separately in the other Articles of this Convention, the provisions of those Articles shall not be affected by the provisions of this Article.