(1) This Agreement shall apply to taxes on income imposed on behalf of a Contracting State or of its political subdivisions or local authorities, irrespective of the manner in which they are levied.
(2) There shall be regarded as taxes on income all taxes imposed on total income or on elements of income, including taxes on gains from the alienation of movable or immovable property.
(3) The existing taxes to which the Agreement shall apply are in particular:
- (a) in Singapore:
- (i) the income tax
- (hereinafter referred to as "Singapore tax");
- (b) in San Marino:
- the general income tax which is levied:
- (i) on individuals;
- (ii) on bodies corporate and proprietorships;
- even if collected through a withholding tax
- (hereinafter referred to as "San Marino tax").
(4) The Agreement shall apply also to any identical or substantially similar taxes that are imposed after the date of signature of the Agreement in addition to, or in place of, the existing taxes. The competent authorities of the Contracting States shall notify each other of any significant changes that have been made in their taxation laws.