Shipping and Air Transport
(1) Profits of an enterprise of a Contracting State from the operation of ships or aircraft in international traffic shall be taxable only in that State.
(2) For the purposes of this Article, profits from the operation of ships or aircraft in international traffic shall also include:
- (a) profits from the bareboat rental, on a random basis of ships or aircraft in international traffic;
- (b) profits from the use, maintenance or rental of containers in international traffic (including trailers and related equipment for the transportation of containers),
where such kind of activities is supplementary or incidental to the operation of ships or aircraft in international traffic.
(3) If the place of effective management of a shipping enterprise is aboard a ship, then it shall be deemed to be situated in the Contracting State in which the home harbour of the ship is situated, or, if there is no such home harbour, in the Contracting State of which the operator of the ship is a resident.
(4) The provisions of paragraph (1) shall also apply to profits from the participation in a pool, a joint business or an international operating agency.