(1) The existing taxes to which this Convention shall apply are:
- (a) in the United States:
- (i) the Federal income taxes imposed by the Internal Revenue Code (but excluding the accumulated earnings tax;
- (ii) the personal holding company tax; and social security taxes); and
- (iii) the excise taxes imposed with respect to the investment income of private foundations;
- (hereafter referred to as "U.S. tax");
- (b) in Slovakia:
- (i) the income tax imposed by the income tax law; and
- (ii) the tax on immovable property (real property tax);
- (hereafter referred to as "Slovak tax").
(2) The Convention shall apply also to any identical or substantially similar taxes which are imposed after the date of signature of the Convention in addition to, or in place of, the existing taxes. The competent authorities of the Contracting States shall notify each other of any significant changes which have been made in their respective taxation laws and of any official published material concerning the application of the Convention, including explanations, regulations, rulings, or judicial decisions.