INCOME FROM REAL PROPERTY - IMMOVABLE PROPERTY
(1) Income derived by a resident of a Contracting State from real property (including income from agriculture or forestry) situated in the other Contracting State may be taxed in that other State.
(2) The term "real property" shall have the meaning which it has under the law of the Contracting State in which the property in question is situated. The term shall in any case include property accessory to real property, livestock and equipment used in agriculture and forestry, rights to which the provisions of general law respecting landed property apply, usufruct of real property and rights to variable or fixed payments as consideration for the working of, or the right to work, mineral deposits and other natural resources; ships, boats and aircraft shall not be regarded as real property.
(3) The provisions of paragraph (1) shall apply to income derived from the direct use, letting, or use in any other form of real property.
(4) The provisions of paragraphs (1) and (3) shall also apply to the income from real property of an enterprise and to income from real property used for the performance of independent personal services.
(5) A resident of a Contracting State who is liable to tax in the other Contracting State on income from real property situated in the other Contracting State may compute the tax on such income on a net basis as if such income were attributable to a permanent establishment in such other State. In the case of the United States tax, an election to apply the preceding sentence shall be binding for the taxable year of the election and all subsequent taxable years unless the competent authority of the United States agrees to terminate the election.