Shipping and Air Transport
(1) Profits of an enterprise of a territory from the operation of ships or aircraft in international traffic shall be taxable only in that territory.
(2) For the purposes of this Article, profits from the operation of ships or aircraft in international traffic include:
- (a) profits from the rental on a full (time or voyage) basis or a bareboat basis of ships or aircraft, and
- (b) profits from the use, maintenance or rental of containers (including trailers and related equipment for the transport of containers) used for the transport of goods or merchandise,
where such rental or such use, maintenance or rental, as the case may be, is incidental to the operation of ships or aircraft in international traffic.
(3) The provisions of paragraph (1) shall also apply to profits from the participation in a pool, a joint business or an international operating agency, but only to so much of the profits so derived as is attributable to the participant in proportion to its share in the joint operation.