(1) Nationals of a territory under the laws in force in that territory shall not be subjected in the other territory to any taxation or any requirements connected therewith which is other or more burdensome than the taxation and connected requirements, to which nationals of that other territory in the same circumstances, in particular with respect to residence, are or may be subjected. This provision shall, notwithstanding the provisions of Article 1, also apply to persons who are not residents of one or both of the territories.
(2) The taxation on a permanent establishment which an enterprise of a territory has in the other territory shall not be less favourably levied in that other territory than the taxation levied on enterprises of that other territory carrying on the same activities. This provision shall not be construed as obliging a territory to grant to residents of the other territory any personal allowances, reliefs and reductions for taxation purposes on account of civil status or family responsibilities which it grants to its own residents.
(3) Except where the provisions of paragraph (1) of Article 9, paragraph (7) of Article 11, or paragraph (6) of Article 12 apply, interest, royalties and other disbursements paid by an enterprise of a territory to a resident of the other territory shall, for the purpose of determining the taxable profits of such enterprise, be deductible under the same conditions as if they had been paid to a resident of the first-mentioned territory.
(4) Enterprises of a territory, the capital of which is wholly or partly owned or controlled, directly or indirectly, by one or more residents of the other territory, shall not be subjected in the first-mentioned territory to any taxation or any requirement connected therewith which is other or more burdensome than the taxation and connected requirements to which other similar enterprises of the first-mentioned territory are or may be subjected.
(5) The provisions of this Article shall apply to taxes which are the subject of this Agreement.