(1) This Agreement shall apply to taxes on income and on capital imposed on behalf of a Contracting State or of its political subdivisions or local authorities, irrespective of the manner in which they are levied.
(2) There shall be regarded as taxes on income and on capital all taxes imposed on total income, on total capital, or on elements of income or of capital, including taxes on gains from the alienation of movable or immovable property, taxes on the total amounts of wages or salaries paid by enterprises, as well as taxes on capital appreciation.
(3) The existing taxes to which the Agreement shall apply are in particular:
- (a) in Slovakia:
- (i) the tax on income of individuals;
- (ii) the tax on income of legal persons;
- (iii) the tax on immovable property;
- (hereinafter referred to as "Slovak tax")
- (b) in Macedonia:
- (i) the personal income tax;
- (ii) the profit tax;
- (iii) the property tax;
- (hereinafter referred to as "Macedonian tax").
(4) The Agreement shall apply also to any identical or substantially similar taxes that are imposed after the date of signature of the Agreement in addition to, or in place of, the existing taxes. The competent authorities of the Contracting States shall notify each other of any significant changes that have been made in their taxation laws.