(1) This Agreement shall apply to taxes on income and on capital imposed on behalf of each Contracting State or its local authorities or administrative-territorial units, irrespective of the manner in which they are levied.
(2) There shall be regarded as taxes on income and on capital taxes imposed on total income, on total capital or on elements of income or of capital, including taxes on income from the alienation of movable or immovable property, taxes on the total amounts of wages or salaries paid by enterprises, as well as taxes on capital appreciation.
(3) The existing taxes to which the Agreement shall apply are:
- (a) in the case of the Islamic Republic of Iran:
- (i) the income tax;
- (ii) the property tax;
- (b) in the case of Romania:
- (i) the tax on income;
- (ii) the tax on profit.
(4) The Agreement shall apply also to any identical or substantially similar taxes, which are imposed after the date of signature of the Agreement in addition to, or in place of, the existing taxes. The competent authorities of the Contracting States shall notify each other of any changes which have been made in their respective taxation laws.