Termination of Treaty
(1) The instant treaty continues to be valid for every contracting state until terminated or withdrawal of the state therefrom.
(2) Every contracting state may withdraw from this treaty on condition that withdrawal is only effected after the withdrawing state gives a written notice to the Arab Economic Union Council of the desire to withdraw six (6) months at least prior to expiry of the A.D. year. This treaty is drawn out in Arabic in Cairo on the 9th day of Zil Qada 1393 A.H., corresponding to the 3rd of December, 1973 A.D. in one original which is kept with the General Secretariate of the Arab Economic Union Council and a duplicate is delivered to every signatory to this treaty:
- (1) Hashmite Kingdom of Jordan.
- (2) Democratic Republic of the Sudan.
- (3) Arab Republic of Syria.
- (4) Republic of Iraq.
- (5) State of Kuwait.
- (6) Arab Republic of Egypt.
- (7) Arab Republic of Yemen.