Taxes Covered by the Treaty
(a) The instant treaty applies to the taxes that are levied on the following:
First: Income accrued from the following sources:
- (1) Agricultural land.
- (2) Constructed properties.
- (3) Commercial and industrial profits.
- (4) Capital profits accrued from debts, deposits, bonds and others.
- (5) Dividends.
- (6) Profits of free business.
- (7) Different kinds of salaries and wages.
(b) Provisions of the treaty apply also to any similar or typical tax in content which will be levied thereafter in addition to the current taxes or in substitution thereof.
(c) The competent authorities in each of the contracting states shall notify the other states at the end of every year of any amendments that may arise concerning the tax laws therein through the general secretariat of the Arab Economic Unity Council.