Dependent Personal Services
(1) Subject to the provisions of Articles 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 and 22, salaries, wages and other similar remuneration, derived by a resident of a Contracting State in respect of an employment shall be taxable only in that State unless the employment is exercised in the other Contracting State. If the employment is so exercised, such remunerations as is derived therefrom may be taxed in that other States.
(2) Notwithstanding the provisions of paragraph (2), remuneration derived by a resident of a Contracting State in respect of an employment exercised in the other Contracting State shall be taxable only in the first-mentioned State if:
- (a) the recipient is present in the other Contracting State for a period or periods not exceeding in the aggregate 183 days in the relevant fiscal year; and
- (b) the remuneration is paid by, or on behalf of, an employer who is not a resident of the other Contracting State; and
- (c) the remuneration is not borne by a permanent establishment or a fixed base which the employer has in the other Contracting State.
(3) Notwithstanding the preceding provisions of this Article, remuneration derived in respect of an employment exercised aboard a ship or aircraft operated in international traffic by an enterprise of a Contracting State shall be taxable only in that State.