(1) For the purposes of this Convention, unless the context otherwise requires:
- (a) the term "Slovenia" means the Republic of Slovenia and, when used in a geographical sense, means the territory of Slovenia, including the sea area, sea-bed and subsoil and adjacent to the territorial sea, if Slovenia may exercise its sovereign rights and jurisdiction over such sea area, sea-bed and subsoil in accordance with its domestic legislation and international law;
- (b) the term "India" means the territory of India and includes the territorial sea and airspace above it, as well as any other maritime zone in which India has sovereign rights, other rights and jurisdiction, according to the Indian law and in accordance with international law, including the U.N. Convention on the Law of the Sea;
- (c) the terms "Contracting State" and "the other Contracting State" mean the Republic of Slovenia or the Republic of India as the context requires;
- (d) the term "person" includes an individual, a company, a body of persons and any other entity which is treated as a taxable unit under the taxation laws in force in the respective Contracting States;
- (e) the term "company" means anybody corporate or any entity which is treated as a body corporate for tax purposes;
- (f) the terms "enterprise of a Contracting State" and "enterprise of the other Contracting State" mean respectively an enterprise carried on by a resident of a Contracting State and an enterprise carried on by a resident of the other Contracting State;
- (g) the term "international traffic" means any transport by a ship or aircraft operated by an enterprise of a Contracting State, except when the ship or aircraft is operated solely between places in the other Contracting State;
- (h) the term "competent authority" means:
- (i) in Slovenia: the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Slovenia or its authorized representative;
- (ii) in India: the Central Government in the Ministry of Finance (Department of Revenue) or their authorized representative;
- (i) the term "national" means:
- (i) any individual possessing the nationality of a Contracting State;
- (ii) any legal person, partnership or association deriving its status as such from the laws in force in a Contracting State.
(2) As regards the application of the Convention by a Contracting State-any term not defined therein shall, unless the context otherwise requires, have the meaning which it has under the law of that State concerning the taxes to which the Convention applies.