Entry into Force
(1) The Contracting States shall notify each other in writing, through diplomatic channels, the completion of the procedures required by the respective laws for the entry into force of this Convention.
(2) This Convention shall enter into force thirty days after the receipt of the latter of the notifications referred to in paragraph 1 of this Article.
(3) The provisions of this Convention shall have effect:
- (a) in India:
- (i) in respect of income arising in any fiscal year beginning on or after the first day of April next following the calendar year in which the Convention enters into force;
- (ii) in respect of capital which is held on the last day of any fiscal year beginning on or after the first day of April following the calendar year in which this Convention enters into force;
- (b) in Sweden:
- (i) in respect of taxes on income, on income derived on or after the first day of January of the year next following that of the entry into force of the Convention;
- (ii) in respect of tax on net wealth, for tax which is assessed on or after the second calendar year following that in which the Convention enters into force.
(4) The Convention of 7th June, 1988, between the Government of the Republic of India and the Government of the Kingdom of Sweden for the Avoidance of Double Taxation and the Prevention of Fiscal Evasion with respect to taxes on income and on capital with Protocol shall terminate upon the coming into force of this Convention and accompanying Protocol The provisions of the said 1988 Convention with Protocol shall cease to have effect from the date on which the corresponding provisions of this Convention and accompanying Protocol shall, for the first time, have effect according to the provisions of paragraph 2 of this Article.