Shipping and Air Transport
(1) Profits from the operation of ships or aircraft in international traffic carried on by an enterprise of a Contracting State shall be taxable only in that State.
(2) For the purposes of this Article the terms "profits from the operation of ships or aircraft in international traffic" shall include profits from
- (a) the rental of ships or aircraft fully equipped, manned and supplied;
- (b) the occasional rental of a ship or aircraft on a bare boat charter; and
- (c) the use, maintenance or rental of containers (including trailers and related equipment for the transport of containers) used for the transport of goods and merchandise; where such rental or such use, maintenance or rental, as the case may be, is incidental to the operation of ships or aircraft in international traffic.
(3) The provisions of paragraph 1 shall also apply to profits from the participation in a pool, a joint business or an international operating agency