Shipping and Air Transport
(1) Profits from the operation of ships or aircraft in international traffic carried on by an enterprise of a Contracting State shall be taxable only in that Contracting State.
(2) For the purposes of this Article, profits from the operation of ships or aircraft in international traffic include:
- (a) profits from the rental on a bareboat basis of ships or aircraft; and
- (b) profits from the use, maintenance or rental of containers (including trailers and related equipment for the transport of containers) used for the transport of goods or merchandise;
where such rental or such use, maintenance or rental, as the case may be, is incidental to the operation of ships or aircraft in international traffic.
(3) The provisions of the preceding paragraphs of this Article shall also apply to profits from the participation in a pool, a joint business or an international operating agency.