(1) This Agreement shall remain in force until terminated by a Contracting Party.
(2) Either Contracting Party may terminate the Agreement, by giving written notice of termination at least six months before the end of any calendar year beginning after the expiration of a period of five years from the date of entry into force of the Agreement. In such event, this Agreement shall cease to have effect in both Contracting Parties:
- (a) in respect of taxes levied for periods beginning on or after the first day of January in the calendar year next following the year in which notice of termination is given,
- (b) in respect of proceedings referred to in paragraph (1) of Article 9 concerning taxable periods following the year in which notice of termination is given.
(3) Notwithstanding paragraph (1), this Agreement shall be terminated, without need of notice of termination, on the date of termination of the Agreement of 4 July 2008 between the Government of the Federal Republic of Germany and the Government of Jersey for the Exchange of Information relating to Tax Matters.
DONE at London in duplicate this 7th day of May, 2015 in the German and English languages, each text being equally authentic.
FOR THE GOVERNMENT OF JERSEY:
FOR THE GOVERNMENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF GERMANY: