(1) This Agreement shall apply to taxes on income.
(2) The existing taxes to which this Agreement shall apply are in particular:
- (a) in the case of the Federal Republic of Germany:
- (1) the income tax (Einkommensteuer);
- (2) the corporation tax (Korperschaftsteuer); and
- (3) the trade tax (Gewerbesteuer);
- (4) including the supplements levied thereon;
- (b) in the case of Jersey:
- (1) the income tax;
(3) The Agreement shall apply also to any identical or substantially similar taxes that are imposed after the date of signature of the Agreement in addition to, or in place of, the existing taxes. The competent authorities of the Contracting Parties shall notify each other of any significant changes that have been made in their respective taxation laws.