(1) The profits of an enterprise of a Contracting State shall be taxable only in that State unless the enterprise carries on business in the other State through a permanent establishment situated therein. If the enterprise carries on business as aforesaid, the profits of the enterprise may be taxed in the other State, but only so much of them as is attributable to that permanent establishment.
(2) Where an enterprise of a Contracting State carries on business in the other Contracting State through a permanent establishment situated therein, there shall in each Contracting State be attributed to that permanent establishment the profits which it might be expected to make if it were a distinct and separate enterprise engaged in the same or similar activities under the same or similar conditions and dealing wholly independently with the enterprise of which it is a permanent establishment.
(3) In the determination of the profits of a permanent establishment, there shall be allowed as deductions duly documented expenses which are incurred for the purposes of the business of the permanent establishment, including executive and general administrative expenses so incurred, whether in the State where the permanent establishment is situated or elsewhere.
(4) Insofar as it has been customary in a Contracting State to determine the profits to be attributed to a permanent establishment on the basis of an apportionment of the total profits of the enterprise to its various parts, nothing in paragraph (2) shall preclude the taxable profits from being determined in such manner by that Contracting State; the method of apportionment adopted shall, however, be such that the result shall be in accordance with the principles contained in this Article.
(5) No profit shall be attributed to a permanent establishment on the sole ground that it purchases goods or merchandise for the enterprise.
(6) For the purpose of the preceding paragraphs, the profits to be attributed to the permanent establishment shall be determined by the same method year by year unless there is good and sufficient reason to the contrary.
(7) Where profits include items of income which are dealt with separately in other Articles of this Convention, the provisions of those Articles shall not be affected by the provisions of this Article.