(1) This Convention shall apply to taxes on income and on capital imposed on behalf of a Contracting State, irrespective of the manner in which they are levied.
(2) There shall be regarded as taxes on income and on capital all taxes imposed on total income, on total capital, or on elements of income or of capital including taxes on gains from the alienation of movable or immovable property, taxes on the total amounts of wages or salaries paid by enterprises, as well as taxes on capital appreciation.
(3) The existing taxes to which the Convention shall apply are in particular:
- (a) in the Czech Republic:
- (i) the tax on income of individuals (dan z prijmu fyzickych osob);
- (ii) the tax on income of legal persons (dan z prijmu právnickych osob);
- (iii) the tax on immovable property (dan z nemovitosti);
- (hereinafter referred to as "Czech tax");
- (b) in the case of Venezuela:
- (i) the tax on income (Ley de Impuesto sobre la Renta); and
- (ii) the tax on business assets (Ley de Impuesto a los Activos Empresariales);
- (hereinafter referred to as "Venezuelan tax").
(4) This Convention shall apply also to any identical or substantially similar taxes which are imposed after the date of signature of the Convention in addition to, or in place of, the existing taxes. The competent authorities of the Contracting States shall notify each other of any significant changes which have been made in their respective taxation laws.