(1) This Convention shall apply to taxes on income and on capital imposed on behalf of a Contracting State or of its political subdivisions or local authorities, irrespective of the manner in which they are levied.
(2) There shall be regarded as taxes on income and on capital all taxes imposed on total income, on total capital, or on elements of income or of capital, including taxes on gains from the alienation of movable or immovable property, taxes on the total amounts of wages or salaries paid by enterprises, as well as taxes on capital appreciation.
(3) The existing taxes to which the Convention shall apply are in particular:
- (a) in the Republic of Tajikistan:
- (1) taxes on income (profits) of legal persons;
- (2) taxes on income of individuals;
- (3) taxes on property of legal persons and individuals;
- (hereinafter referred to as "Tajik tax");
- (b) in the Czech Republic:
- (1) the tax on income of individuals;
- (2) the tax on income of legal persons;
- (3) the tax on immovable property;
- (hereinafter referred to as "Czech tax").
(4) The Convention shall apply also to any identical or substantially similar taxes which are imposed after the date of signature of the Convention in addition to, or in place of, the existing taxes. The competent authorities of the Contracting States shall notify each other of any substantial changes which have been made in their taxation laws.