(1) This Convention shall apply to taxes on income imposed on behalf of a Contracting State or of its political subdivisions or local authorities, irrespective of the manner in which they are levied.
(2) There shall be regarded as taxes on income all taxes imposed on total income or on elements of income, including taxes on gains from the alienation of movable or immovable property, as well as taxes on capital appreciation.
(3) The existing taxes to which this Convention shall apply are in particular:
- (a) in the case of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia:
- (1) the Zakat;
- (2) the income tax including the natural gas investment tax;
- (hereinafter referred to as the "Saudi tax");
- (b) in the case of the Czech Republic:
- (1) the tax on income of individuals;
- (2) the tax on income of legal persons;
- (hereinafter referred to as the "Czech tax").
(4) The provisions of this Convention shall also apply to any identical or substantially similar taxes which are imposed by either Contracting State after the date of signature of this Convention in addition to, or in place of, the existing taxes. The competent authorities of the Contracting States shall notify each other of any significant changes that have been made in their respective taxation laws.