This Agreement shall remain in force until terminated by one of the Contracting States. Either Contracting State may terminate the Agreement, through diplomatic channels, by giving notice of termination at least six months before the end of any calendar year after the period of five years from the date on which the Agreement enters into force. In such event, the Agreement shall cease to have effect as follows:
- (a) in the case of the United Arab Emirates:
- (i) in respect of taxes withheld at source, for amounts paid or credited on or after 1 January in the calendar year immediately following that in which the notice of such termination is given;
- (ii) in respect of other taxes, for any tax year commencing on or after 1 January in the calendar year immediately following that in which the notice of such termination is given.
- (b) in the case of the Republic of Seychelles:
- (i) with regard to taxes withheld at source, in respect of amounts paid or credited after the end of the calendar year in which such notice is given;
- (ii) with regard to other taxes, in respect of taxable years beginning after the end of the calendar year in which such notice is given.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the undersigned, duly authorised thereto by their respective Governments, have signed this Agreement.
DONE at Singapore, this nineteenth day of September 2006, in duplicate, each in the Arabic and English languages, both texts being equally authoritative. In case of divergence of interpretation of the texts of this Agreement, the English text shall prevail.
FOR THE GOVERNMENT OF THE UNITED ARAB EMIRATES:
MOHAMMED KHALFAN BIN KHIRBASH
MINISTER OF STATE OF FINANCE AND INDUSTRY
FOR THE GOVERNMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF SEYCHELLES:
MINISTER OF FINANCE