(1) The taxes, to which this Agreement shall apply, are in particular:
- (a) in the Russian Federation:
- (i) the tax on profit of organizations;
- (b) in the United Arab Emirates:
- (i) the corporation tax;
- (ii) the income tax, including provincial taxes on income chargeable in each Emirate.
(2) This Agreement shall also apply to any identical or substantially similar taxes which are imposed by any of the Contracting States after the date of signature of the Agreement in addition to, or in place of, the taxes referred to in paragraph (1) of this Article. The competent authorities of the Contracting States shall notify each other of any substantial changes, which have been made in their respective taxation laws.
(3) Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement, nothing in this Agreement shall affect the right of any political subdivision or local government of the United Arab Emirates to apply its own laws and regulations regarding the taxation of income, gains and capital relating to the ownership, management, production, exploration, exploitation, transportation and distribution of natural resources and hydrocarbons, including oil and gas, and condensates, derivates and primary by-products thereof. In the unlikely event of any inconsistency between this paragraph and any other provision of this Agreement, this paragraph shall prevail.