(1) This Convention shall apply to taxes on income and on capital imposed on behalf of a Contracting State, its local government, political subdivision, local authorities or administrative units, irrespective of the manner in which they are levied.
(2) There shall be regarded as taxes on income and capital all taxes imposed on total capital or elements of income or capital, including taxes on gains from the alienation of movable and immovable property, as well as taxes on capital appreciation.
(3) The existing taxes to which this Convention shall apply are:
- (a) In the UAE:
- (i) income Tax;
- (ii) corporate Tax;
- (hereinafter referred to as the tax of UAE)
- (b) In the Kingdom of Morocco:
- (i) general income tax of individuals;
- (ii) corporate tax;
- (iii) tax on dividends, participating shares or any income of the same provisions;
- (iv) tax on real estate profits;
- (v) duty of national solidarity;
- (vi) tax on the gains of financial investments of fixed income;
- (vii) tax on profits from the sale of participating shares;
- (hereinafter referred to as the tax of Morocco).
(4) This Convention shall apply to any identical or similar taxes, in essence, which are imposed after the date of signing this Convention in addition to the existing taxes referred to in paragraph (2). The competent authorities of the Contracting States shall notify each other of any significant changes made in their respective tax laws within a reasonable period after enforcing these changes.