(1) This Convention shall apply to taxes on income imposed on behalf of a Contracting State or of its political subdivisions or local authorities, irrespective of the manner in which they are levied.
(2) There shall be regarded as taxes on income all taxes imposed on total income, or on elements of income, including taxes on gains from the alienation of movable or immovable property, taxes on the total amounts of wages and salaries paid by enterprises, as well as taxes on capital appreciation.
(3) The existing taxes to which the Convention shall apply are:
- (a) in the case of Libya:
- (i) the income tax levied by Law No. 7 for the year 2010 AD relating to income taxes and the jihad tax law imposed under Law No. 44 of 1970;
- (hereinafter referred to as "Libyan tax").
- (b) in the case of The United Arab Emirates:
- (i) the income tax;
- (ii) the Corporate tax;
- (hereinafter referred to as "United Arab Emirates tax").
(4) The Convention shall also apply to any identical or substantially similar taxes which are imposed after the date of signature of the Agreement in addition to, or in place of, the existing taxes. The competent authorities of the Contracting States shall notify each other of any substantial changes which have been made in their respective taxation laws.