(1) There shall be regarded as taxes on income and on capital all taxes imposed on total income, on total capital, or on elements of income or of capital including taxes on gains from alienation of movable or immovable property as well as on capital appreciation.
(2) The existing taxes to which the Agreement shall apply are:
- (a) In United Arab Emirates:
- (i) income-tax;
- (ii) corporation tax;
- (iii) wealth-tax
- (hereinafter referred to as "U.A.E. tax");
- (b) In India:
- (i) the income-tax including any surcharge thereon;
- (ii) the surtax; and
- (iii) the wealth-tax
- (hereinafter referred to as "Indian tax")
(3) This Agreement shall also apply to any identical or substantially similar taxes on income or capital which are imposed at Federal or State level by either Contracting State in addition to, or in place of, the taxes referred to in paragraph 2 of this Article. The competent authorities of the Contracting States shall notify each other of any substantial changes which are made in their respective taxation laws.