Dependent Personal Services
(1) Subject to the provisions of Articles 16, 18, 19, salaries, wages and other similar remuneration derived by a resident of a Contracting State in respect of an employment shall be taxable only in that Contracting State unless the employment is exercised in the other Contracting State. If the employment is so exercised, such remuneration as is derived there from may be taxed in that other Contracting State.
(2) Notwithstanding the provisions of paragraph (1), remuneration derived by a resident of a Contracting State shall be taxable only in the first-mentioned Contracting State if all the following conditions are met:
- (a) The recipient is present in the other Contracting State for a period or periods not exceeding in the aggregate 183 days in 12 month period commencing or ending in the fiscal year concerned;
- (b) The remuneration is paid by, or on behalf of, an employer who is not a resident of the other Contracting State.
- (c) The remuneration is not borne by a permanent establishment or a fixed base, which the employer has in the other Contracting State.
(3) Notwithstanding the preceding provisions of this Article, remuneration derived in respect of an employment exercised aboard a ship or aircraft operated in international traffic by an enterprise of a Contracting State shall be taxable only in that Contracting State.
(4) An individual who is both a national of a Contracting State and an employee of an enterprise of that Contracting State the principal business of which consists of the operation of aircraft in international traffic and who derives remuneration in respect of duties performed in the other Contracting State shall be taxable only in that Contracting State on remuneration derived from his employment with that enterprise.
(5) The provisions of paragraphs (1), (2) and (3) of this Article shall apply in respect of salaries, wages and other similar remuneration and pensions paid by a government owned institution performing functions of a governmental nature which in the case of the United Arab Emirates shall include: Abu Dhabi Investment Authority, the Abu Dhabi Investment Council, the U.A.E. Investment Authority, the Dubai Government Investment Corporation.