INCOME FROM EMPLOYMENT
(1) Subject to the provisions of Articles 16, 18, 19, 20, 21, salaries, wages and other similar remuneration derived by a resident of a Contracting State in respect of an employment shall be taxable only in that State unless the employment is exercised in the other Contracting State. If the employment is so exercised, such remuneration as is derived therefrom may be taxed in that other State.
(2) Notwithstanding the provisions of paragraph (1), remuneration derived by a resident of a Contracting State in respect of an employment exercised in the other Contracting State shall be taxable only in the first-mentioned State if:
- (a) the recipient is present in the other State for a period or periods not exceeding in the aggregate 183 days in any twelve-month period commencing or ending in the fiscal year concerned, and
- (b) the remuneration is paid by, or on behalf of, an employer who is not a resident of the other State, and
- (c) the remuneration is not borne by a permanent establishment which the employer has in the other State.
(3) Notwithstanding the preceding provisions of this Article, remuneration derived by an employment, that is exercised aboard a ship or airplane operating in international traffic, shall be taxable only in the contracting state where the administration center is located.