Dependent Personal Services
(1) Subject to the provisions of Articles 16, 18 and 19, salaries, wages and other similar remuneration derived by a resident of a Contracting State in respect of an employment shall be taxable only in that State unless the employment Is exercised in the other Contracting State. If the employment is so exercised, such remuneration as is derived there from may be taxed in that other State.
(2) Notwithstanding the provisions of paragraph (1), remuneration derived by a resident of a Contracting State in respect of an employment exercised in the other Contracting State shall be taxable only in the first-mentioned State if:
- (a) the recipient is present in the other State for a period or periods not exceeding in the aggregate 183 days in any 12 month period commencing or ending in the fiscal year concerned; and
- (b) the remuneration is paid by, or on behalf of, an employer who is not a resident of the other State, and
- (c) the remuneration is not borne by a permanent establishment which the employer has in the other State.
(3) Notwithstanding the preceding provisions of this Article, remuneration derived in respect of an employment exercised aboard a ship or aircraft operated in international traffic by an enterprise of a Contracting State, shall be taxable only in that State.
(4) Ground staff appointed from head office of national air carrier of a Contracting State to the other Contracting State, and who were residents of the first-mentioned State before being stationed in the other Contracting State, shall be exempted from taxes levied on their remunerations in that other Contracting State.