(1) This Convention shall remain in force until terminated by a Contracting State. Either Contracting State may terminate the Convention, through diplomatic channels, by giving written notice of termination at least six months before the end of any calendar year following a period of five years from the date of entry into force of this Convention.
(2) In such event, the Convention shall cease to have effect in both Contracting States:
- (a) in respect of taxes withheld at source on amounts paid or credited to non-residents, after the end of the calendar year in which the notice is given, and
- (b) in respect of all other taxes, for fiscal years beginning after the end of that year.
(3) in the event of termination, the Contracting Party shall remain bound by the provisions of Article 25 with respect to any information obtained under this Convention.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the undersigned, duly authorised thereto, have signed this Convention.
DONE at Dubai, this Sunday day of 12/11 of the year 2017 in duplicate, in the Spanish, Arabic, and English languages, all texts being equally authentic. In case there is any divergence of interpretation between the Arabic and the Spanish texts, the English text shall prevail.
FOR THE GOVERNMENT OF THE UNITED ARAB EMIRATES:
OBAID HUMAID AL TAYER
MINISTER OF STATE FOR FINANCIAL AFFAIRS
FOR THE GOVERNMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF COLOMBIA:
MAURICIO CARDENAS SANTAMARIA
MINISTER OF FINANCE