(1) This Convention shall apply to taxes on income imposed on behalf of a Contracting State or of its political subdivisions or local authorities, irrespective of the manner in which they are levied.
(2) There shall be regarded as taxes on income all taxes imposed on total income, or on elements of income, including taxes on gains from the alienation of movable or immovable property, taxes on the total amounts of wages or salaries paid by enterprises, as well as taxes on capital appreciation.
(3) The existing taxes to which the Convention shall apply are in particular:
- (a) in Hungary:
- (i) the personal income tax; and
- (ii) the corporate tax;;
- (hereinafter referred to as “Hungarian tax”);
- (b) in Andorra:
- (i) corporate income tax (impost sobre societats);
- (ii) personal income tax (impost sobre la renda de les persones físiques);
- (iii) tax on income for fiscal non-residents (impost sobre la renda dels no residents fiscals);
- (iv) tax payable on the increase in value in immovable property (impost sobre les plusvàlues en les transmissions patrimonials immobiliàries);
- (hereinafter referred to as “Andorran tax”).
(4) The Convention shall apply also to any identical or substantially similar taxes that are imposed after the date of signature of the Convention in addition to, or in place of, the existing taxes. The competent authorities of the Contracting States shall notify each other of any significant changes that have been made in their respective taxation laws.