background image
12.2. VAT on the Supply of Services by Non-Residents

The supply of services by a non-resident having a permanent establishment (‘PE’) is subject to VAT in Cook Islands.

Non-resident companies without a PE in Cook Islands are mandatorily required to appoint a resident VAT representative in Cook Islands to represent the company in dealings with the tax authorities.