The establishment of the company types outlined in Sec. 1. involves a number steps and require registration/approval with multiple government agencies. The following outlines the basic requirements for establishment:
The process for establishing a legal entity is Belarus is essentially the same regardless of form, and includes the following
- State registration, including registration with:
- The Belarus Tax Authorities
- The State Social Funds department
- The State Statistical Board
- Register shares with the State Securities Commission (JSC only)
- Creation of the company stamp
- Opening of company bank accounts
The time to establish a legal entity is generally 7 to 10 days, although longer for joint stock companies due to the share registration requirement.
The following must be completed to establish a representative office.
- Register with the Foreign Representations Coordination Office, including:
- Application form
- Particulars of parent company including registration documents, name, activities, etc.
- Notarized and authenticated power of attorney granting the representative office the authority to work in Belarus under the parent company
- Register with the tax authorities
The time to establish a representative office is generally 7 days