Following are the steps for setting up a company in Botswana:
- Reserve a unique company name by submission to the registrar of companies
- Signing the declaration of compliance of statutory requirements (in prescribed forms) for incorporation, before a Commissioner for Oaths or a Company Representative
- Registering the company with the Registrar of Companies, Ministry of Trade and Industry along with prescribed documents, statutory declaration etc.
- Inspection of company premises by the Government Authorities after registration
- Once the registration is obtained, the company can apply for industrial license/ trade license, open a bank account, apply for TIN, PAYE, VAT, etc.