The incorporation of a SA owned by a foreign company requires the following documents officially translated in Spanish:
- Certificate of good standing of the foreign company (Register of Commerce);
- By-Laws (Articles of incorporation) of the foreign company with all of its modifications; and
- A resolution of the General Assembly or Board (body with sufficient authority) that sets forth the decision of establishing a subsidiary, and granting power of attorney to a Bolivian resident.
All the documents have to be duly legalized by the nearest Bolivian Consulate, whose signature must be legalized in Bolivia by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The incorporation of an SRL follows the same requirements and procedure as of an SA.
On 4 November 2021, Bolivia's National Tax Service (NTS) issued a resolution requiring taxpayers engaged in the following economic activities relating to digital economy and digital services, to register themselves in the National Register of Digital Biometric Taxpayers (PBD), within 60 days:
- Intermediation services for the sale of goods and services through digital media;
- Provision of digital content for download or streaming;
- Provision of digital content platforms and services for online education; and
- Provision of cloud technology, etc.
The resolution only requires registration of taxpayers and no new tax is introduced as on date.