background image
14.6. Appeal Procedures

If a taxpayer disputes the assessment, a notice of objection in writing can be filed with the Collector to review the assessment by stating precisely the grounds of objections within 30 days from the date of the service of Notice of Assessment. All appeals can be made to the Collector of Income Tax. If no agreement can be reached, further appeals can be made at the High Courts of the country.