background image
3.5. Potential Acquisition of Tax Residence Status by Foreign Entities

A foreign entity that would like to be subjected to Bermuda (tax) law will have to migrate to Bermuda (and take one of the corporate forms as mentioned above) and move the effective management and control to Bermuda. Effectively it has to cut any link with its former country of incorporation used to confer taxing jurisdiction in that country.